Due to the growth in the business we are looking for a Chartering Operator to strengthen our chartering team in Rotterdam. Are you interested to be working in the middle of a dynamic shipping department with a presence worldwide? Then this may be the position for you!
The core responsibility of an Operator is to manage, execute and optimize the voyage of a vessel in every single aspect. You will do this in close cooperation with the commercial colleagues.
As Operator you:
- Are in charge of all operational and post-fixing matters for our vessels;
- Schedule the voyages and procure all voyage related services with captains and port agents;
- Are responsible for the administrative voyage filing and prompt analysis of voyage results performance of the vessels;
- Are involved in claims handling of cargo related issues.
- Strong planning, organizational and communication skills;
- A multitasker, able to prioritize their daily workload;
- Strong administrative skills;
- Fluency in Dutch and English (verbal and written).
Our ideal candidate has:
- Affinity with or knowledge of the shipping/maritime industry (seagoing experience would be an advantage);
- A pro-active attitude;
- Skills in commerce, negotiation, analysis and reporting;
- A logical approach to problems and ability to work under pressure;
- An open mind, willing to speak out and not afraid to admit mistakes;
- A pragmatic approach, prepared to go beyond the call of duty to meet the needs of the business.
- The opportunity to be part of an energetic, professional, dynamic team within one of the largest trading companies in the world;
- A stimulating environment in which enthusiastic colleagues work together in a practical and informal way;
- Dedicated and experienced colleagues to support you in your role and future development, including personal guidance from a Senior Operator;
- A level of responsibility with many international contacts.